BleachForums  

Go Back   BleachForums > Halcyon Days RPG > Central Hub > Writing [insert spiffy name]

Old 08-29-2009, 10:08 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to shadowwind144
Default [PM][2nd/10th/12th] Week 99: Simply Maniacal

The butcher continued his way through the horde of beasts slaughtering them without mercy. “How boring,” Torai said imbedding his blade into another man’s chest, “not one of them wants to say hello. I wish the shinigami would have just a little bit more manners coming in here trying to kill me.”

Does it matter that much? Would you want to talk in their position? Indou muttered as another shinigami moved to attack the masked man. One disarming look caused the newcomer to run back into the horde. “Let’s hope someone steps up.”
Old 08-30-2009, 06:12 PM

Before her knelt another victim, the horrid mark of the Twelfth upon his face, still gripping his sword as if he had a chance of fighting further. Rin took her own blade, coated in blood, like her clothes and face, with that of her enemies, and threw it down. Another death lay here, joining the masses of the massacre and, somehow, Rin did not find it daunting... Perhaps it was because it was her enemies that had fallen? But, no... Her comrades were falling too... She just... She was just too into it. Too into the fray to think about it...

Something was changing within her... Slowly, yet all too quickly... So unnatural... But, if the madness that had taken her in battle had chased away the terror, if she was beginning to no longer fear it, then there was only one thing that she needed to do for Thana... Use it....

But, how?

No, this wasn’t the time to stop and think!

She raced forward again, cutting through her enemies were she could and allowing that insanity to take her again. It was so comforting...

Out of the corner of her eye she spotted another enemy, an enemy who refused to be slain by the Shinigami. He butchered through their forces with ease, too much ease... Rin could not stand to watch him kill another, not because she cared for those he killed, but more so because it would be rather troubling if he took out too many... Her cloak still hiding her, she flash stepped towards the man, her sword flying round to cut his side. There was no reason to give him any chance here.

278/278
Old 08-30-2009, 11:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to kunoichi

Across the battlefield the ruthless butcher had caught the attention of another adjutant.

The vice-captain of the Second had led her division into the fray, and had since been making a desperate effort to keep track of the flowing tides of battle while simultaneously fending off the ravenous hollows in her path. Her fragile sense of leadership and control was rapidly slipping away as she witnessed the maelstrom of war sweeping everything around her into utter chaos. Her grasp of the division’s movements soon fractured as the ranks crashed and broke against those of the enemy forces, splitting into swirling eddies of allies and foes, then dividing further till all she saw were individual skirmishes: here a leering mask, there a grimacing face. And then she saw someone die.

The sight was not peripheral, not part of the landscape of battle in which she found herself. It was not something her mind could filter from her awareness; it was sudden, direct, gut-wrenching. One moment she had registered a heavy spiritual pressure approaching, the next she turned and saw one of her subordinates not thirty feet from her impaled on the sword of a blood-spattered foe. The scout’s face stretched in a rictus of surprise and pain, his eyes searched about wildly, desperately disbelieving—and found Ren’s. His gaze filled her vision as she watched the light leave his eyes, helpless. Unable to help. If she had turned around an instant sooner…

Before the thought could be finished, before any instinctive caution or fear could stop her, Ren shunpo’ed after the savage killer, readying her blade for the strike.
Only the sudden blur that appeared from his other side stopped her short, just a few feet behind him, sword raised.

[289]

[spoiler="2nd Div"][/spoiler]
[SPOILER="~ "kuno's like a puffer fish" ~"][SPOILER="~ "Once you get past the poison, she's delectable." - Mak ~"]

buttons by koko and epic. sprite by koko. 2nd div banner by stephie. thanks! <3
[/SPOILER][/SPOILER]
Old 08-31-2009, 03:39 AM
Administrator

With a flash of his wrist the assassin’s blade was blocked, the force of the impact caused the butcher to lose balance stepping back over the carcasses of his prey. There was a series of loud noises as bones were crushed under-toe. “Soul Society has no manners attacking without even an introduction.” Torai said brushing himself off, he took a quick look at the pair that appeared offering a short, cautious bow, “I’m Torai Kinjo, the mad doctor of Fenrir.” The voice echoed back from behind the white mask.

A small smirk came across his visage though no sign of it could be seen outwardly, the one who dared to attack him he saw something in her. “Pity that we would have to meet on opposite sides.” The man said solemnly addressing Rin. “I know that look, hell I’ve mastered it. We would make a good pair, the two of us the blood, the screams as people fell before us.”

Slowly a beacon of black light began to form around his hand before it fired off at the woman who he fully expected to dodge it. “So then do you two have names or titles or should I just chalk you up as another worthless piece of shit who won’t talk?

“So rude these days, here I am just wanting to talk and instead you shinigami just try to stab first and ask questions later. But I like to at least know why I’m getting stabbed at, and I promise one way or another I will have my answer though I will hold off if you wish to talk a little first, unjustified bloodshed is so.... trivial don’t you think? Shouldn’t you have a reason to kill me first, and I mean something actual not just this mask.”

He smiled knowing he was walking into what could be the end, the woman who appeared behind him was at least an equal so unless the mad one was a nobody, a fact he couldn’t help but deny after the shunpo and fancy blade work, he was fighting his last opponents. Though if this was to be the end, he wanted them to go out thinking.
[364/457]
Old 08-31-2009, 07:33 AM

“Reasons?” Ren echoed, incredulous. The ostentatious cero aimed at the other shinigami went almost unnoticed after that speech. A feeling, dark, red and roiling, was beginning to surface within her.

“Talk? Manners?!” The final word was such a growl that it seemed to be torn from her throat. Her hands shook from their white-knuckled grip on her sword hilt, her muscles tensed against the urge to lash out.

“You stand on the bodies of our allies and speak to us of manners?” Each word escaped through clenched teeth. “Your blade drips with the blood of our teammates and you want to talk? You call their deaths trivial and then ask us for reasons? This is war. You are the enemy. You killed our subordinates; you will try to kill us. There’s nothing to talk about.”

There was nothing to wait for, either. With her sword held in front of her she spoke the words to release her zanpakutou from its sealed state.

[162/451]

[SPOILER="~ "kuno's like a puffer fish" ~"][SPOILER="~ "Once you get past the poison, she's delectable." - Mak ~"]

[/SPOILER][/SPOILER]
Old 08-31-2009, 05:16 PM

Rin stood from where she had fell, having thrown herself in attempts to avoid the cero that the butcher had fired. Already there was something to fear in this man and, though he was now outnumbered, she could not help but remember her worries. But, remember only... Still her thoughts fled to a lifeless future, but, here in the thick of it, her fears compared little to the madness of battle. Here it was nothing... Here it was gone...

So was that it? Was she to find her comfort only in the midst of battle? Would she only abandon all her fears and worries as bodies lay piled around her, dripping in the blood of their comrades? Could she now, as she stood in the middle of death, cease to fear it, though such a fear it was that it had taken her very soul? It made too little sense, but then little did in the life of Rin Logan. Madness defied logic, reason and all such things. Madness was reality.

“You need only know that you will die,” she said in response to the man’s words. And then she charged forwards.

And then it all stopped.

She was somewhere else for the moment. That darkest of worlds, darker than she had ever remembered, and the bloodiest of rivers beneath her feet. Some day it would drown her. Some day she would no longer be able to see through the darkness and she would fall. But, not today. Not today. For she saw the light of Thana before her, shining more brightly than ever, the ghostly figure perched upon that rock.

She took a step forward, but was halted as Thana’s thin, horridly white arms reached out to the sides. Rin’s eyes widened in shock for a moment, as other ghostly images rose out of the water. She took instinctive steps back, though it seemed silly to her that she should fear beings from a world inside herself. Then she realized that she knew these people... She knew these people better than she knew the living. Some of them were nobodies, people that she had barely paid attention to as she ripped away their life, but others... Jack... Lesya... They were the people she had killed.

They were inside.

“Use the death that you have created,” came those many hundreds of voices that Thana always spoke with. But, this time it was not just Thana that spoke, but the voices came from the lips of all the images around her. With stony faces, they spoke together.

Misunderstanding took her. She did not know how to use them! She turned suddenly on the spot and yet more shock and horror took her as she looked upon the being before her. She knew that face, she knew those eyes, that hair... Though white, white as the ghost that she had become, Rin knew the girl that stood before her... The girl who plagued her every thoughts, who had sent her half mad with guilt and other such torturous emotions. Amina. The ghost of her closest of friends, the ghost of the girl she had killed so long ago, reached out a hand and smiled.

“Now you know,” she spoke, alone this time, in a soft tone.

And she knew.

The river flew wildly beneath her feet, the darkness was sucked away and she stood once more upon the battle field in the Hollow’s world, standing as if time had not moved at all and not a single change had come about her. But, there was every change... For a moment Rin stood there on the spot, trying to comprehend what had happened and all these new thoughts... She stood with glassy eyes for that moment, as she remembered that face...

She snapped back to the world, her eyes falling upon the butcher.

Bankai!

A wave of reiatsu surrounded the girl, pushing back with force those around her. When she emerged she was all too different from before. Her clothes, her Shinigami uniform, were now coloured the ghostly white of cloth that had covered Thana. Her eyes were white too and, without her eyes betraying her, Rin wore a true mask on her face; not an ounce of emotion lay there, only a stony face alike to those of the ghosts inside her. The surge of reiatsu calmed, Rin pointed forward her weapons, the Sai that she had fought with for so long, that now were longer and more sharp than ever before, metal of the deepest black.

She spoke. She spoke with the voices of everyone she had ever known.

"Thanatos."

“Everything changes.”

Word Count: 771/1, 049

I hope this is acceptable. >_>
Note: This was earlier her going Shikai, but I thought that it kind of ruined the whole thing if she didn't go BK straight away. Anyway, I did ask permission from Shade for me to change this, as I had already posted and so it wouldn't be fair to just change it, and he said that it was fine and to go ahead. I hope it still isn't a problem, I guess you can shout at me if it is.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:02 AM
Administrator

“Hmm pity, I thought you two would have more class than to throw all your cards on the table, guess I was giving you too much credit.” Torai said sheathing his blade as he stared down the bankai. “In then end you shinigami are all dogs looking for the next leg to hump. In war though we may be, to strike without even making the smallest attempt to understand your opponent is terrible. If you would look down from your ivory tower, why don’t you understand why I’m so hated hmm rather than standing in your hypocrisy.”

The man’s eyes rolled to Ren, a laugh coming from behind the stark white mask, “You talk of me amid the bodies of your allies as if you aren’t in the same position. Are you so blind that you don’t notice the blood on your own bodies or am I just your boogeyman? Do you hope that by killing me you’ll rid yourself of the monsters that plague you? Bankai.” The man finished abruptly, his sword shattering on his hip and spiraling around him. All around him the air seemed stiff as if it had gained a hundred pounds.

“Welcome to the sound garden.” The butcher replied, as the words left his mouth blades of compressed air seemed to form in front of him hovering. With a swift motion of his hands the weapons went sailing at Ren. “I suggest you keep silent.” The man said generating another group of blades this time sailing towards the assassin. “I want to keep you on your toes.”

[262/719]
Old 09-01-2009, 01:43 PM

So hard to see were the blades, that Rin saw them too late, the first blade striking her arm. She pulled away as swiftly as she found possible, but her arm was ripped nevertheless and blood spilt down onto the pure white cloth. So he had Bankai too; he had also thrown all his cards down.

Had she thrown all her cards on the table too soon? No... The cards had thrown her. What a thrill it was, to finally stand here in such a form, to feel the power that came of such a bond with Thana. But, why now? Though happy as she was, she could only feel that this was not the perfect timing for Bankai. That she had used it on some horrid Vizard, whom for all she had known could pose little threat to her right now, seemed such a waste... But, in that fleeting moment of joy, she had wanted to use it and, no matter how small her opponent would have been, she would have done the same.

To crush even the smallest of insects with the such great a power would be a thrill.

No, the perfect timing meant little to her anymore, for all she could think of was this feeling here. What should she care that she had called out Thanatos without reason, so far? She had gained a power, she had obtained Bankai, and no matter the scene, the situation or the reason, or lack of, she would show it and show it well. She could crush the soul that stood before her, the soul who threatened to take her life with his every, cursed breath.

The talk of who was stained with whose blood was nothing; in war it was either kill or be killed and Rin much preferred the former. However, death was a thing to be respected. She didn’t care who he was, she didn’t care why she was at war with him! She just wanted to end his life. She wanted to force him to see and understand the fate that he had given others, the dead that lay on this battlefield.

She raced forwards, Sai gripped tightly in her hands, and slashed out at the man’s face with all the fury she had within her.

Word Count: 381/1, 430
Old 09-01-2009, 05:56 PM

While her ally seemed to take the revelation of the vizard’s ban kai in stride, Ren was perceptibly taken aback. For the first time in their encounter it occurred to her that she might be outmatched, and the point was emphasized by the flurry of sound-formed blades that flew at her, invisible but for the distortion they created in the air around them.

Too surprised to dodge fast enough, she could only attempt a meager block by spinning the chain of her kusarigama in front of her while the arm holding the sickle end rose instinctively to shield her face and neck. Of course it only managed to break up the compressed energy, not stop it completely; in an instant she was covered in hundreds of lacerations as the ‘shards’ of sound struck her body. Her uniform, shredded by the blades, was soon also soaked in blood.

She gasped at the pain but remained standing, thankful for the presence of her fellow vice-captain, whose attack on Torai gave her the chance to ready herself to join the fray. She watched for his reaction and prepared to take advantage of any weakness or opening he might reveal.

[196/647]

[/SPOILER][/SPOILER]
Old 09-03-2009, 01:40 AM
Administrator

“Boo!” The butcher called laughing, no sooner had the words left his mouth than had another floating blade appeared taking the slash that would have ripped him open. The sheer force of the assassin’s blow shattered the barrier sending shrapnel in all directions, soon Ren wasn’t the only wounded one as Torai’s face was covered in scratches blood dripping onto the sand.

It looked like he winked at the spy for a moment before making a quick motion with his hand sending the blade her gasp had made sailing forward towards the assassin’s back. “Pity,” the mad doctor said another blade beginning to grow, “you really are out classed and out matched!” He ended with a scream turning the average sized sound sword into something more like a hovering guillotine before launching it towards Ren. “You can’t keep me silent, and so you cannot win.” Already another sword formed this time he reached out grabbing the blade before moving in on Rin hoping to catch her off guard in the wake of the explosion.

[174/893]